This is derived from AllRecipes.com’s Fig and Lemon Chicken, which used dried figs and chicken thighs, so we have to do things with the greater amount of liquid from fresh figs.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 figs, trimmed and quartered
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, about 1.5 lbs
- 1 handful cillantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Combine in small bowl lemon juice, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and water
- Place figs and lemon slices on the bottom of a 8″ square baking pan. Arrange chicken brests on top, then pour liquid over chicken.
- Roast until chicken reaches internal temp of 180F, basting frequently.
- Use tongs to remove chicken to serving dish. Mix roasted figs with chicken, discard lemon slices.
- Put the liquid on non-stick frying pan and reduce until liquid is syrupy. Pour over chicken and figs. Serve with rice.